Interviews & Profiles
- Eric Flint and Andrew Dennis discuss their new Ring of Fire series entry featuring Oliver Cromwell, 1635: A Parcel of Rogues at the Baen Podcast.
- Collider interviews The Martian producer Aditya Sood and NASA’s Dr. Drew Feustal on Science and SF.
- The Examiner.com interviews author Roxanne Bland about her book .
- The Examiner is at it again, this time interviewing the director of Shockwave Darkside, Jay Weisman.
- Vultre Culture gives us 28 Authors on the Books That Changed Their Lives.
- Gosh! London has an exclusive first look at Alan Moore’s new novel, Jerusalem. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Was the Big Bang a mirage? Not the show, the beginning of the universe…
- “A Passive, Flickering Object” –The Odd Supermassive Black Hole at the Milky Way Center
- 2016 Prix Aurora Awards Nominations Being Accepted
- Authors Guild Begins Letter-Writing Campaign to Meet with Publishers
- 3 Indie Comics Publishers You Should Know
- 5 Fantastic Graphic Novels You May Have Missed
- Best Transhumanist Kindle Books
- George RR Martin ‘astonished’ by fan support over missed Game of Thrones deadline
- Guillermo del Toro’s Favourite Books
- How did Kurt Vonnegut feel about e-books?
- How the Internet Changed the Way We Read
- Novels About the Future of Videogames You Should Read
- Plan Your 2016 Reading with SF/F Book Bingo
- ScienceFiction.com’s Most Anticipated Movies of 2016 That Don’t Have Superheroes In Them
- Comics Alliance looks at The Most Promising New Comics Coming In 2016.
- 2015 Was the Year the Literary Versus Genre War Ended, at Vice.
- Popular Mechanics discusses 16 Sci-Fi Things To Look Forward To in 2016.
- Here are 6 New Fantasy Authors To Watch In 2016
- The Cosmos top 10 life science stories of 2015
- The Discovery Of The Solar System Included Some Dead Ends In The Hunt For Vulcan
- The Three Possible Classes of Interstellar Travel
- These Gamer Cruises Are Perfect for the Nerd in Your Life. Too bad my recent cruise had none of this. It would have made those 3 sea days a lot more entertaining.
- Transhuman Consciousness and the Universe
- What is the most interesting scientific news? Very, VERY smart people respond.
TV & Movies
- Little Miss Scare-All thinks the Casting for Rocky Horror Picture Show remake is laughable. [via Juan Sanmigeul]
- 10 Reasons The 1990 TMNT Movie Is Still Great
- 25 Animation Movies being released in 2016
- All the Deep-Cut References in Sherlock‘s “The Abominable Bride” That You Never Knew You Needed
- Godzilla’s New Look Has Leaked And He’s Much Scarier Than Before
- Horror Happenings: The Best Horror TV Coming in 2016
- Joss Whedon Explains How the Marvel Cinematic Universe Is More Separate Than You Think
- Leaked Star Wars: The Force Awakens screenplay answers heaps of questions
- MTV Didn’t Screw Up The Shannara Chronicles
- Oscar Watch: The most-nominated movie will (probably) be … wait, what? … Mad Max: Fury Road
- Sci-Fi Movie Endings With Less Fiction and More Science but do they make for better movies?
- Someday The Star Wars Prequels Will Be ‘Cool’
- Star Wars Talking Points – and the stuff I didn’t get to say on NPR by Kevin Maher.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Deleted Scenes & Rejected Concepts (Spoilers)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Required Reads! if you’d like to learn more about the new film.
- Here are Five great sci-fi novels to make you forget Star Wars.
- 7 things we learned about Star Wars: The Force Awakens from its music.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 10 Deleted Scenes Which Would’ve Made It Perfect
- Star Wars Anti-Cheese edits will change how you see the prequels
- Star Wars won’t rescue Disney, financially.
- Wired says The Force Awakens Has Changed Star Wars Forever.
- 10 concepts from the Star Wars prequels still relevant in The Force Awakens
- Could Reset, a new Asian time travel thriller, be next year’s breakout action movie?
- Polygon thinks Sherlock — The Abominable Bride Is A Time Hopping Mess.
- Newsweek of all places looks back at a genre giant in Star Trek: The 5-year Mission That Lasted 50.
Mad Max: Fury Road is an Ultra HD Blu-ray launch title
The Best Horror Films Of 2015 – iHORROR’s Top Ten Fringe Horror Picks
- Check out these 35 Amazing Digital Illustrations by Daniel Murray.
- The Escapist Magazine Remembers HR Giger: More than Just Alien.
- The Del Rey Star Wars Covers of Ralph McQuarrie, Part 3
More Fun Stuff
- Here’s a fantastic Tumblr of 1970’s Sci-Fi Art.
- Now you too can make Kylo Ren’s Lightsaber out of LEGO!
- Sneak Peek: New The Force Awakens Pop! Figures coming soon to a desk near me!
- Android gaming and science fiction collide in Android Headlines’ Top 10 Sci-Fi Games for Android.
- FCA rides Star Wars wave with Chargers, Challengers, Vipers and more. Who knew we needed Star Wars themed cars?
- Is This Insane 1000 HP Autonomous Batmobile The Faraday Future Concept?
- January Hot Topic Funko Exclusives. Lots of coll new Pops! here.
- New Piece On Merope Gaunt Published On Pottermore
- No Joke. The Walking Dead Colouring-In Comic Book Is Coming
- The Book about Video Gaming that became a Video Game: Christopher Brookmyre’s BEDLAM. A book about a video game gets a video game, based on the video game in a book.
- The RPGs Of 2016. These are the videogame kind of RPGs. And there are a ton of interesting looking ones.
- This Wonder Woman Cookie Is A Wonder To Behold
- Young girl plays incredible organ arrangement of Star Wars Theme