Check out the table of contents for Tomorrow’s Cthulhu: Stories at the Dawn of Posthumanity!
About the book:
Super science. Madness. Transhumanism.
This is the dawn of posthumanity. Some things can’t be unlearned.
Gleaming labs whir with the hum of servers as scientists unravel the secrets of the universe. But as we peel away mysteries, the universe glances back at us. Even now, terrors rise from the Mariana Trench and drift down from the stars. Scientists are disappearing—or worse. Experiments take on minds of their own. Some fight back against the unknown, some give in, some are destroyed, and still others are becoming… more.
The human and inhuman are harder and harder to distinguish. Mankind is changing, whether it wants to or not, with brand new ways of thinking. What havoc is wreaked by those humans trying to harness and control their discoveries? As big science progresses and the very fundamentals of this universe are understood, what stories are being hushed up?
Of course, the Old Ones laugh at our laws, scientific and otherwise.
These are transhumanist near-future science fiction tales of the Cthulhu Mythos. These are tales of more than merely cosmic dread. They exist in our world of the next couple years. This is the era of big science and—what is that? We’ll be right back…
Here’s the table of contents:
- “Tangles” by Daria Patrie
- “The Stricken” by Molly Tanzer
- “Beige Walls” by Joshua L. Hood
- “The Five Hundred Days of Ms. Between” by Joshua Alan Doetsch
- “68 Days” by Kaaron Warren
- “Tekeli-li, They Cry” by AC Wise
- “The Sky Isn’t Blue” by Clinton J. Boomer
- “A Pathway for the Broken” by Damien Angelica Walters
- “The Crunch Underfoot” by Lizz-Ayn Shaarawi
- “The Lark Ascending” by Samantha Henderson
- “Astral and Arcane Science” by SJ Leary
- “Advanced Placement” by Richard Lee Byers
- “Friday Night Dance Part” by Thomas M. Reid
- “Boots on the Ground” by Jeff C. Carter
- “Innsmouth Redemption” by Joette Rozansk
- “Church of the Renewed Covenant” by Shannon Fay
- “The Posthumous Recruitment of Timothy Horne” by Pete Rawlik
- “Curiosity” by Adam Heine
- “Perfect Toy for a Nine Year Old” by Bruce R. Cordell
- “The Steel Plague” by Nate Southard
- “Between Angels and Insects” by Simon Bestwick
- “The Judas Goat” by Robert Brockway
- “Madness on the Black Planet” by Darrell Schweitzer
- “Drift from the Windrows” by Mike Allen
- “Chunked” by Matt Maxwell
- “Testimony XVI” by Lynda E. Rucker
- “The World Ends in Neon Yellow” by LA Knight
- “Nimrod’s Tongue” by Cody Goodfellow
- “The Great Dying of the Holocene” by Desirina Boskovich