Interviews & Profiles
- StarShipSofa No 417 – Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam.
- Interview with Author August Cole – The Editor of the War Stories From The Future anthology talks research, writing and the future of science fiction.
- An interview with Simon Sylvester, author of The Visitors, at My Bookish Ways.
- 2016 Baen Fantasy Adventure Award Taking Entries.
- 2016 Jim Baen Memorial Short Story Contest is open for submissions.
- Astronomers Uncover Rogue, Runaway Stars Racing Through the Universe.
- New Amazing Stories Classic Anthology Released.
Events & Event News
- Like Monty Cook’s Numenara RPG? Then check out The Ninth World skillbuilding boardgame on Kickstarter.
- Artist William Black Is Creating Hard Sf Art: Visualizations & Spacecraft Based On Real Science. Support him on Patreon.
- BioPunks is a film about three patients who gain special abilities after undergoing an experimental procedure meant to cure their neurological disabilities. They are now being hunted down by an evil force bent on obtaining the source of their power.
- ‘X-Men: Danger Room Protocols’ Is Pure ’90s Nostalgia In Cartoon Form, and fan made no less!
- A Highly Detailed Map of the Observable Universe.
- Dave Bara onWhy We Need Heroes.
- Authors Who Inspired by Lawrence M. Schoen.
- Help the EFF Save the Future, by Reading Some Brand New Science Fiction!. It’s pay what you want for a terrific looking anthology.
- John Barrowman to Write Digital Series Based on His Arrow Character.
- Philip Pullman says: professional writers set to become ‘an endangered species’.
- Read Our FREE Winter Issue of DEADLY Magazine, Featuring KRAMPUS and CLUE.
- SciFiChick’s Best of 2015.
- See Curiosity Cruise Around Gigantic Martian Dunes in These Stunning New Panoramas.
- Starbound Delivers Adventure and Deepens a Complex SF Universe.
- The Guardian lists their Top 5 YouTube book vloggers.
- What It’s Really Like Owning A Comic Store – As ‘Liked’ By Steve Geppi.
- Will e-books ‘replace’ paper books? Only in Star Trek.
TV & Movies
- The Shannara Chronicles Tries To Be Too Many Fantasy Shows At Once, but are any of them good?
- 10 Reasons To Watch The Star Wars Prequels Before The Force Awakens.
- 8 Greatest Sci-Fi TV Shows of All Time.
- Andy Serkis Says Supreme Leader Snoke Is Not Darth Plagueis.
- The Good:Binge Watch First 4 Episodes: The Shannara Chronicles. The Bad: It’s on MTV.
- Great Job, Internet! How Avatar made $2.7 billion and garnered almost no fan base.
- How Oliver Tarney designed the sound of The Martians‘ monster villain: Mars.
- Keeping up with Rogue One, that other new Star Wars movie.
- New Red Weather series would make Rod Serling proud.
- Rise of the House of Dread: An Appreciation of Penny Dreadful. i’ve never seen the show, but I’m intrigued.
- Steven Murphy’s Star Wars Saga At Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- That Documentary About the Ultimate Raiders of the Lost Ark Fan Film Will Finally Hit Theaters This Summer.
- The 10 Most Quotable Lines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I admit, I didn’t find most of these memorable at all.
- The Expanse | A Rambling Diatribe about the Books & TV Show.
- The Expanse Producers Thrilled with Syfy’s Early Season 2 Renewal. Well I would hope so!
- The Man in the High Castle: A complex dystopian television series.
- UFO TV: A Show Worth Watching. Oh man, talk about flashbacks. This was on right after Space: 1999 on Friday nights (like, 1am) when I was in high school. I never could stay up to watch it.
- Wear Star WarsEvery Day kicks off and you can help a worth charity!
- Why Revenge Of The Sith Is The Worst Star Wars Movie. Nope. No Jar-Jar.
- Why The Shannara Chronicles Is More Like Star Wars Than Lord of the Rings.
- Pulp style illustration of Blade Runner and other movies by artist Timothy Anderson.
- Celebrate The 75th Birthday Of Hayao Miyazaki With These 75 Wallpapers.
- These Caricatures Of Sci-Fi Icons Are Absolutely Perfect.
More Fun Stuff
- Like Star Wars and have a dog? Then here are the Star Wars pet accessories you (and your dog) need ASAP!
- NASA engineer and awesome Youtuber Scott Manley Explains the Power Required to Blow up a Planet Using the Death Star, using the convenient Twinkie unit of measure. Egon would be proud.
- Awesome Toy Picks: Kylo Ren Sixth Scale Figure from Hot Toys.
- Captain America: Civil War Funko POP! figures might’ve just revealed a major spoiler. The spoiler? I love Pops!
- Cool Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror Cake.
- Don’t be a TR-8R h8ter. Especially in LEGO.
- Ennio Morricone Creates The H8eful Eight’s Music in New Video.
- First Series of The H8eful Eight Pop! Vinyls is Perfect.
- The new Parrot Disco Drone can stay aloft for 45 minutes.
- Pokémon-style Rick And Morty Game to Launch Next Week.
- Check out what Vogue Magazine thouhgt the 21st Century Man would look like in 1939. Yikes!
- Sony’s new turntable lets you digitize your vinyl collection.
- The 9 Coolest Gadgets From This Year’s CES.
- The Best Tabletop Games of 2015 because tabletop gaming is cool.