The lovely folks at Tor.com have asked us to share the covers for three upcoming books! We also have a fantastic giveaway, so check out the details at the bottom of the post. Also, see bigger versions of the cover after the jump.
(Tor.com | 7/12/16 | Cover illustration artist: Chris McGrath, Design by Christine Foltzer)
Quinn returns in The Ghoul King, another story of the Dreaming Cities by Guy Haley.
The Knight, Quinn, is down on his luck, and he travels to the very edge of the civilized world – whatever that means, any more – to restock his small but essential inventory.
After fighting a series of gladiatorial bouts against the dead, he finds himself in the employ of a woman on a quest to find the secret to repairing her semi-functional robot.
But the technological secret it guards may be one truth too many…
(Tor.com | 7/19/16 | Design by Fort, Photos © Getty Images)
Alex McKenna is the new Special Agent in Charge of the Chicago office of the Bureau of Paranormal Investigations—the division tasked with investigating crimes involving shades.
Or vampires, as they’re more widely known.
Children have been going missing, and agents are routinely being slaughtered. It’s up to McKenna, and some unlikely allies, to get to the bottom of the problem, and find the kids before it’s too late.
Nightshades is a new gritty urban fantasy from Melissa F. Olson.
(Tor.com | 7/26/16 | Cover illustration artist: Cliff Nielsen, Design by Christine Foltzer)
Alexander Drake, Investigator for Hire, doesn’t like working for the Nobility, and doesn’t prefer to take jobs from strange men who accost him in alleyways. A combination of hired muscle and ready silver have a way of changing a man’s mind.
A lord has been killed, his body found covered in bite marks. Even worse, the late lord’s will is missing, and not everyone wants Drake to find it. Solving the case might plunge Drake into deeper danger.
City of Wolves is a steampunk noir from debut author Willow Palecek.
Tor.com is offering 3 signed copies of Infomocracy by Malka Older for a giveaway here on SF Signal.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Infomocracy”
- In the body of the email, please provide a mailing address so the prize can be sent as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S.
- The giveaway will end Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winner will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.