Interviews & Profiles
- Inverse interviews Gerald Brandt, author of The Courier.
- Notes from Coode Street interviews Peter Straub, author of Interior Darkness.
- The Qwillery interviews Jacey Bedford, author of Winterwood.
- Tor.com interviews V.E. Schwab, author of A Gathering of Shadows.
- $5 million prize for A.I. targets the dystopian conversation.
- Rejoice! Pierce Brown Is Planning Another Red Rising Trilogy.
Events & Event News
- Feel the Filmmaking Force: Star Wars Fan Film Awards 2016 Now Open.
- Cecil Castellucci, author of Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure, will appear at Barnes & Noble on Saturday March 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM when she is inducted into the 501st Legion by the Central Garrison.
- Falling Into Place: An Anthology of Short Stories – A collection of five dark and twisted short stories introducing completely original characters and the worlds they live in.
- Shattered Earth: Emergence – The post-apocalyptic tabletop miniatures game of wondrous technology and existential horror.
- War Co. – Expandable Card Game – an expandable card game set in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi dystopia. The objective: run your opponent out of cards.
- Book Review: How Star Wars Illuminates Constitutional Law (and Authorship.)
- 10 Movies To Watch Before Star Trek Beyond.
- 11 Shows Every The X-Files Fan Should Watch At Least Once.
- Did Star Wars cause ADHD? TLDR: Nope.
- “Everything is trigger warnings, and that’s not bad.” writes author Seanan Mcguire in the aftermath of a Twitter exchange with author F. Paul Wilson. I had to go find the actual message, because for a minute, I thought McGuire was talking about Neil Gaiman. The comment in question sounded like the introduction of Trigger Warning.
- First U.S. book clubs about “Cli-Fi,” or climate fiction: First meeting.
- Harvard professor uses Star Wars themes to talk world issues in new book. (More)
- How Kolchak: The Night Stalker Inspired The X-Files.
- Let’s Predict Who Will Win This Year’s VFX Oscar By Looking at All Past Winners.
- The Problems of Blade Runner Made It a Better Movie.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is the prequel we’ve wanted.
- Science Fiction Technology Isn’t Just Fictitious.
- Star Wars Land Theme Park: 10 Attractions We Want to See.
- Virtual Reality Companies Look to Science Fiction for Their Next Play.
- Walking on the Edge of Sanity: Why you love Rick Grimes.
- The World Is Ready for a Decent Doctor Who Video Game.
- Would a gay kiss in Star Wars: Episode VIII cause a disturbance in the Force?
- Writing Global Sci-Fi: White Bread, Brown Toast.
- You’re Not Entitled to a Faithful Adaptation.
- And Now: Edible Pop Culture Portraits on Spoons.
- How One Mashup Artist Got Legal Permission to Pair Calvin & Hobbes with Dune.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Portraits by TheRealMcGee.
- Terrific Star Wars snow sculpture is an evil Mount Rushmore.
More Fun Stuff
- 40 times Star Wars invaded popular culture.
- Fans Remastered A 35MM Print Star Wars and It Looks Amazing.
- Father Turns Stormtrooper Toy Armor Into Pink Armor for His Daughter.
- Star Wars Droid Translating Helmets.
- Take a Look at the Monopoly: Fallout Collector’s Edition.
- Watch a trailer for LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.