Interviews & Profiles
- My Bookish Ways interviews Matt Hill, author of Graft.
- The Qwillery interviews Clifford Beal, author of The Guns of Ivrea.
- The Qwillery interviews Sabrina Benulis, author of Angelus.
- Reading And Writing Podcast interviews R.S. Belcher, author of The Shotgun Arcana.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Kelly Link, author of Get in Trouble.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for Peter Clines, author of EX-ISLE.
- Suvudu interviews Alison Goodman, author of The Dark Days Club.
- British Science Fiction Association awards unveil ‘really strong’ shortlists.
- Hannibal creator Bryan Fuller has been named showrunner of CBS’ new Star Trek series. The internet mash-ups will be as twisted as they are beautiful.
- Philip K. Dick Judges Announced.
- Fans Petition for Terry Pratchett Statue.
- Star Wars 8 Has Officially Started Filming.
- Top-Selling Science Fiction Authors Launch New Publishing Venture.
Events & Event News
- The Chiaroscuro Reading Series is proud to announce that Margaret Atwood will be the keynote speaker at the 2016 Toronto SpecFic Colloquium, an open forum for authors, editors, and readers to discuss the future of the science fiction, fantasy, and horror genres in Canadian literary fiction. This year’s colloquium, to be held on March 12. Advance tickets ($30/student & senior; $40/adult) are on sale now at Ticketleap.
- Opening from Elsewhere will be held Saturday, February 20, 2016.
- William Shatner appears at Barnes & Noble in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM to celebrate his new book Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man. RSVP on Facebook.
- Dax Harrison – In a space-faring future, an alien war criminal seeks vengeance on humanity, and a celebrated-but-bumbling hero is forced back into action…
- Gamut Magazine: Neo-noir, speculative, literary fiction – a website with a wide range of voices—genre-bending, hybrid stories that utilize the best of genre and literary fiction.
- Mecha Strike Force Omega – A board game for two players using cards where players use Mecha to battle for supremacy of the combat arena.
- NEBULA: SOLE SURVIVOR – Original sci-fi action RPG – Original sci-fi shooter combining Action and RPG elements. Kill bugs, craft items, solve mysteries and find your way out!
- OROS Orion Series. NASA-Inspired Performance Apparel – Using NASA space suit technology, OROS brings you awesome performance outerwear. Thin and warm. No compromises.
- Book Review: Still Haven’t Read An Ember in the Ashes? Here’s Why It’s a Must-Read.
- TV Review: Marvel’s Agent Carter Has Become One of the Best Comedies on Television.
- 9 Upcoming Movie Sequels That We Don’t Really Need.
- 10 Movie Theories That Will Blow Your Mind.
- 10 Promising Independent Horror Films to Watch Out For This Year.
- 13 Ways Star Wars Redefined Movies.
- A Bizarre Star Wars Mystery Has Finally Been Solved.
- A Brief Note to Nebula Award Nominators from John Scalzi about Lois McMaster Bujold’s Gentlemen Jole and the Red Queen
- The Dark Fiction of an Ex-Mormon Writer. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Five Books Where Dragons Are Put In Their Place.
- Here’s the Alien Revenge Plan from Independence Day: Resurgence.
- Hugh Howey can’t get Amazon bookstores quickly enough.
- Lovecraft’s Most Bigoted Collaboration, No Really: Medusa’s Coil.
- More Science-Fiction and Fantasy Books That Have Been Optioned for TV and Film.
- Star Wars: How Lucasfilm Changed When George Lucas Left.
- The Star Wars Universe’s Idea of Love is a Lot Healthier Now.
- The Tale of Nellie the Nephron. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- A Tale of Two Bookstores, or: How to use tech to boost print.
- TeleRead answers the question of whether you Should you self-publish?
- This is How it Feels to Read Cixin Liu’s The Dark Forest.
- SAMURAI BOBA FETT, SAMURAI TROOPER, and Samurai Vader created by Charles A.P.
- Submit your artwork for this year’s Can’t Stop The Serenity logo contest: The deadline to submit is March 9th. CSTS is also now accepting event registrations from people who are planning an event for this year.
- Will Kylo Ren Embrace Joy? by Dan Hipp.
More Fun Stuff
- 10 Cloverfield Lane Viral Begins To Reveal Backstory Connections To Cloverfield.
- Explore Mars with this 360-degree image from the Curiosity rover.
- How to survive a global disaster: a handy guide. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- How Star Wars 7 Should Have Ended.
- A Movie Scene Without Any Music Is So Awkwardly Hilarious.
- Our First Look at One of Star Wars Land’s Rides?
- Read an excerpt from The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin at Suvudu.
- Seeing Lightning Strikes from Space Is Really Beautiful.
- Watch Some of the Best Drone Racing We’ve Ever Seen.