Interviews & Profiles
- Daily News profiles the cast of the Boldly Go! A Star Trek Musical Parody.
- E! interviews Chris Carter, creator of The X-Files.
- Fantasy Faction interviews Emma Newman, author of Between Two Thorns.
- Lightspeed interviews Karin Tidbeck, author of “Starfish.”
- Lightspeed interviews N.K. Jemisin, author of The Fifth Season.
- Odyssey Workshop interviews N.K. Jemisin, author of The Fifth Season.
- Paul Tremblay interviews Peter Straub, author of Interior Darkness.
- The Qwillery interviews Jamie Sawyer, author of Artefact.
- SFFWorld interviews Rhett C. Bruno, author of Progeny of Vale.
- Author launches new award to support fiction from small publishers.
- The BBC Is Bringing Back The Twilight Zone As a Radio Drama.
- NASA announces plan to get to Mars in three days using new Ludicrous Speed option.
- Teen Mulder and Scully Will Investigate Crime in New X-Files YA Novels. No, really.
- Vanessa Hudgens will Headline NBC’s New DC Comics Sitcom Powerless: Hudgens will play Emily Locke, an insurance claims adjuster, working for “the worst insurance company in the DC Universe” which covers victims caught in the crossfire of super hero/villain battles. This workplace comedy has been compared to The Office but set within the DC Universe. I’m seriously looking forward to this.
Events & Event News
- Sci-fi enthusiasts gather for Topeka’s first Empower Comic Con.
- Astronomy Saves the World – A book to show that astronomy can save the world through a shared interest & engaging learning experience; emancipation via education.
- Space Pioneers – A Competitive Card Game for 1-5 Players – Humanity has discovered a new planetary system and you need to build up a supply network.
- Wulfshéade Miniatures 15mm Sci-fi – AI mech faction – Kicking off a range of 15mm sci-fi wargame miniatures with a faction of Artificially Intelligent mechanical beings.
- “Astronauts onboard Apollo 10 say they heard mysterious “music” on the dark side of the moon. They didn’t know if they were hearing things and were left wondering if music really was coming from behind the moon. The answer is – sort of – but not really. They could hear an “outer space-type” droning musical sound when they went around the back of the moon at the end of the 1960s and say they were worried nobody would believe them”. CNN news piece with short clip of the sound.
- Chris Carter’s Millennium is the Angel to The X-Files‘ Buffy. This. So much this.
- Could that infuriating X-Files cliffhanger mean another season?
- Did The X-Files end with a bang or a whimper?
- Every Episode of The X-Files, Ranked From Worst to Best, not including the recent FOX revival. Regardless of how those episodes would stand up in the list, David Duchovny would love to come back for more, while Anderson wants to play a Bond villain.
- Five Potentially Amazing SFF Adaptations That Need To Happen.
- How X-Men: Apocalypse Will Change X-Men Movie Canon.
- If You Loved The Deadpool Movie, Read These Comics Next.
- Making space for a space program.
- The New York Times takes a look at The Latest in Science Fiction and Fantasy.
- There Are Too Many Damn Comic Books: “There are too many goddamn comics to read these days. Not to get all Andy Rooney about the funny-book industry, but it’s absolutely overwhelming how much one has to consume in order to stay on top of the various comics narratives in the marketplace.”
- Why Star Wars: Rogue One Didn’t Work For Rooney Mara.
- Why Is Stan Lee’s Legacy in Question?
- Why Star Wars: Episode VIII could cause actual on-set drone dogfights.
- The X-Files Fans Split on Finale: Reactions Range From “God-Awful” to “Amazing.”
- The X-Files’ Finale Leaves Fans Asking, “Was That Really the End?“
- The X-Files: In Fetishizing Its Return, We Risk Missing Our Next Adventure.
- The X-Files: Joel McHale on why ‘no one has duplicated’ the show’s success.
- X-Files revival ends with cliffhanger, but wait …
- Yahoo! suggests a Fan Theory to explain that nuked fridge scene from Indiana Jones.
- These 9 X-Files Fan Posters Are So Good, They’ll Make You Believe.
- Man Of Steel Inspired Medieval Leather Armor by Samuel Lee.
- Milleathery Falcon: Millennium Falcon Leather Purse by Mikaela Holmes.
- Tiny Cities Inside Glass Tubes Belong in a GHIBLI Movie.
More Fun Stuff
- Deadpool Chooses Sides in the Civil War!
- Morgan Freeman Is Finally a GPS Navigation Voice (on Waze.)
- This Scientist Is Turning Every Element In the Periodic Table Into Music.
- Watch Daisy Ridley react to hearing “Rey’s Theme” from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch The Martian Recut as a Musical Comedy.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars: The Force of Abrams: J.J. Abrams Will Fix Everything.
- Watch a Sci-Fi Video for “Voodoo in My Blood” Starring Rosamund Pike.