To celebrate 3 years of publication of Galaxy’s Edge, Phoenix Pick is offering the eBook version of The Best of Galaxy’s Edge 2013-2014 for the low, low price of FREE! This deal is good throughout the month of March.
To get the free ebook:
- Visit Phoenix Pick’s online catalogue at www.PPickings.com.
- Locate the book and use the “Publisher’s Direct” channel to add the preferred format in your shopping cart.
- During checkout, use the following codes (depending on the preferred format in your cart) and the system will discount the book to zero dollars.
- .epub version: use coupon code GE3E
- .mobi version: use coupon code GE3M
Here’s the description on the anthology:
Whether it’s God walking into the Draco Tavern, stony spirits talking to relatives, a robot plotting the ultimate murder, or the ability to see distinct patterns in the vibrations caused by uttering words and phrases … these stories will entertain you, make you laugh, make you think and, most importantly, make you question your own long-held views on life, the universe and everything else. The stories in this volume have been personally selected by Mike Resnick as his favorites among those that were published in Galaxy’s Edge magazine in 2013 and 2014. Authors include seasoned veterans such as Larry Niven and Mercedes Lackey, newcomers such as Andrea G. Stewart and Tina Gower, and writers from lands far and wide such as Sabina Theo from Bulgaria and Leena Likitalo from Finland. But all the stories have one thing in common: They are great stories … and like all great stories, need great readers.
Here’s the table of contents:
- “I, Arachnobot” by Brian Trent
- “Pocket Full Of Mumbles” by Tina Gower
- “Creator Of The Cosmos Job Interview Today” by Nick Dichario
- “Will You Volunteer To Kill Wendy?” by Eric Cline
- “Neep” by K. C. Norton
- “Effect And Cause” by Ken Liu
- “Ghost In The Machine” by Ralph Roberts
- “The Prayer Ladder” by Marina J. Lostetter
- “Holland: 1944” by Steve Cameron
- “The Spinach Can’s Son” by Robert T. Jeschonek
- “Intersection” by Gio Clairval
- “No Place For A Hero” by James Aquilone
- “Happily Ever After” by C. L. Moore
- “Upright, Unlocked” by Tom Gerencer
- “Love In Bloom” by Sabina Theo
- “Icarus At Noon” by Eric Leif Davin
- “Matial” by Lou J. Berger
- “Do You Remember Michael Jones?” by Nancy Kress
- “Zombies At Work” by Leena Likitalo
- “Exemplar” by Mercedes Lackey
- “The Nechronomator” by Brad R. Torgersen
- “Today I Am Nobody” by Tina Gower
- “God Walks Into A Bar” by Larry Niven
- “Totaled” by Kary English
- “The Unchanging Nature Of Stones” by Andrea G. Stewart
Can you beat that for free? I didn’t think so.
Grab it now if you want it!