Courtesy of the author, SF Signal has 3 signed copies of Knocking on Heavan’s Door by Sharman Apt Russell to give away to 3 lucky U.S. SF Signal readers, and two audiobooks to giveaway to 2 worldwide SF Signal readers! The audiobook will be in the form of an Amazon Audible code, which won’t require a membership to obtain.
Here’s more information about the book and how you can win:
On a hotter and more volatile earth in the twenty-third century, humans like Clare and Jon live in utopia, hunting and gathering in small tribal bands, engaged in daily art and ritual, reunited with old friends like the shaggy mammoth and giant ground sloth. Even better, they still have solar- powered laptops and can communicate with each other around the world. The understanding of physics has also advanced. When scientists first cloned extinct species from the Pleistocene, they discovered that many of them were telepathic—that consciousness travels in waves. For most people, animism has become the preferred religion, a panpsychism compatible with the laws of a fractal holographic universe. As Clare tells one of her students, the return to an older, Paleolithic lifestyle is “one of humanity’s greatest achievements.”
It’s too bad that utopia had to come at such a cost: a genetically engineered super-virus that wiped out most of earth’s human population. Humanity was shaken by that event, and humanity vowed to change. Now, on the 150th anniversary of that catastrophe, a small group of men and women—as well as a smarter-than-average dire wolf and saber-toothed cat—are suddenly faced with decisions in which the stakes are higher than ever before. Will earth repeat the cycle of unbridled hubris? Or is humanity’s destiny even stranger than that?
And here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Heaven’s Door“
- In the body of the email, please provide a mailing address (U.S. readers only) so the prize can be sent as soon as possible. If you are in the U.S. and don’t want the audiobook, please state so in the email. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S. for the signed book and worldwide for the audiobook.
- The giveaway will end Tuesday, March 8th (7:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.