[Editor’s Note: Jay’s illuminating look at what goes into making a fan film continues! See other installments here.]
If you’ve been following along, you know that the Reclamation Society is submitting a Star Wars fan film to the 2016 Star Wars Fan Film Awards contest. We’re super excited about it, and we hope you are, too! We just shot our film last Sunday, and today I wanted to share some photos from the set with some captions. Enjoy!
What Force Power do you think Skye is using in this photo? (Fun Fact: she uses three different Force Powers in the film).
On location on Lothal (or, rather, somewhere in Southern California).
Writer and co-producer, Jay Sherer (kneeling) and co-producer, Nathan Scheck (standing) on the set.
Director, Benjamin Anklam, shows off his lightsaber skills as the rest of the Moai Films crew looks on.
- Presented by: The Reclamation Society
- Writer/Producer: Jay Sherer
- Producer/Lightsaber Design: Nathan Scheck
- Producer/Lead Actress (Skye): Marianne Haaland
- Producer: Christen Haaland
- Co-writer/Director: Benjamin Anklam
- Lead Actress (Kel): Maddy Curley
- Actor (Master Cuthar): Brandon Byrd
- Cinematographer: Lukas Colombo
- Assistant Director: Lindsay Verbil
- Script Supervisor: Jennifer Hoge
- SFX Makeup: Ruth Baldwin and Eric Wilson
- Production Design: David Hartwell
- Sound Capture: Gray Thomas-Sowers
- Wardrobe: Meghan Ims
- Choreography: Mark Miscione
- Lightsaber Design: Caleb Scheck
- Production Assistant: Paula Gooch
- Production Assistant: Jeffrey Gardner
- Production Assistant: Jessica Sherer
- Moai Films Crew: Stone Alvaro, Britt King, Arthur Garcia