Courtesy of the author, SF Signal has 5 copies (via redemption codes) of the Strange Monsters fiction-audio album by Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam to give away to 5 lucky SF Signal readers! WARNING: This album contains explicit lyrics.
Here’s more information about the album and how you can win:
Strange Monsters is a music and words collaboration of fiction and poetry set to contemporary jazz. Read by actors, Stufflebeam’s stories unveil a world where the fantastic is familiar. In these six tracks, each set to one of Peter Brewer’s ethereal compositions, women challenge what’s expected of them and find their voices in unexpected places: Rumpelstiltskin’s wife endures police questioning regarding the disappearance of a local boy; a group of deadbeat friends in love with the same woman encounter the skeletons of various extinct animals on a doomed camping trip; and a cursed ballerina longs to do nothing but dance while forced to contend with two men: her obsessed fan and the jealous director of the ballet company. Brewer wrote each musical composition to accompany each story; these layered pieces utilize a blend of traditional small-group jazz with clarinet, bass clarinet, flugelhorn, and unique sounds created by silverware, various shakers, and even Stufflebeam and Brewer’s cat.
And here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter “Strange Monsters“
- In the body of the email, please provide your name and email address where you want your redemption code to be sent, if different from your entry email.
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is open to everyone worldwide.
- The giveaway will end Sunday, April 24th (6:00 PM U.S. Central time). The 5 winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.