Interviews & Profiles
- ComingSoon interviews Simon Pegg, star of Star Trek Beyond.
- David Dubrow interviews David A Riley, author of His Own Mad Demons. The interview comes in the aftermath of Horror Writers of America President Lisa Morton’s announcement that David A. Riley is now off the award jury he’d been appointed to.
- Inverse interviews Maggie Stiefvater, author of The Raven King.
- The Qwillery interviews Matthew Franks, author of The Monster Underneath.
- Reddit recently held an AMA for David Morgan-Mar, author of Darths & Droids!
- SFFWorld interviews Sylvain Neuvel, author of Sleeping Giants.
- Smithsonian.com interviews Andy Weir, author of The Martian.
- Sword and Laser interviews Andrew Mayne, author of Station Breaker.
- Google & The Black List Team To Fund Scripts Focused On Computer Science
- It Looks Like That Krypton TV Show Is Finally Happening
- NASA puts out a call for the future space habitats we’ll use on Mars and beyond
- Scott Shepherd’s Sci-Fi Thriller The Seventh Day In The Works At Televisa
- Space-Faring Mice Return to Earth with Liver Damage
- Star Trek: Axanar Fan Film Docked After Copyright Suit from CBS/Paramount
- Star Wars Fans Bought a Billboard Demanding the Return of the Expanded Universe
Events & Event News
- BB-8 Auction! Through April 24 you can bid on a variety of BB-8 droids that have been give a personal touch by celebrities. Proceeds will be donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, on behalf of Force For Change. (Pics)
- Kemp Remillard, the illustrator of the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Incredible Cross-Sections book, will be signing books at Mission: Comics & Art in San Francisco, CA on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM to celebrate STAR WARS DAY! May the Fourth be with you! RSVP on Facebook
- Smithsonian magazine is holding a festival called “The Future Is Here,” from Friday to Sunday, April 22–24. Most of the events are free, but some require tickets (which are on sale now). The speakers range from NASA scientists to actors, writers, and TV producers.
- The Dark Magazine is creating an online magazine of dark fantasy and horror.
- Aeon’s End – A cooperative deck-building game of post-apocalyptic fantasy survival.
- Fill Your Heart: Writers on Bowie – an anthology of writers inspired by the musician.
- Book Review: Humanity And Technology Merge In Uneven But Intriguing Join
- TV Review: Orphan Black season four makes Orphan Black great again
- 7 ‘Adult’ Books That Every YA Reader Will Love, according to Bustle
- 8 Unexplained Historical Events Doctor Who Could Make Alien
- The BBC discusses “Four ways NASA is teaching us how to live more sustainably.”
- Best science fiction and fantasy books this month
- Cat Rambo explains to us “How I Use Instagram”
- Everybody loves a clone: Orphan Black and its sci-fi inspirations
- George RR Martin: there are 8 million spin-off Game of Thrones stories
- Going Indie For Dummies -You Lays Down Your Money
- How Harrison Ford injuring his ankle improved Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- How the Sci-Fi Thriller Sleeping Giants Awoke
- Inverse explains how The Master saved Doctor Who when the show was drowning.
- Neil Gaiman on Good Omens, Cheap Seats, and the Memorial
- The One Big Lesson Fiction Writers Can Learn by Writing a Comic Book
- Rachel Swirsky has revised her essay “On Writing and Mortality.” “It was originally published in 2011. I had recently had a death scare.”
- ScreenRant tries their hand at picking the 11 Most Accurate Sci-Fi Movies Of All Time
- Simon Pegg Admits He Used Wikipedia To Fact-Check His Script [Citation Required]
- Stephen Hawking on Why Black Holes Are Worthy of Your Consideration: A new Harvard-Smithsonian initiative will delve into the places in the universe where spacetime sags around massive objects
- Taxes ignited George Lucas’ Star Wars saga, may end his museum hopes here
- What Marvel Had Joss Whedon Change about Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- This Year’s Eisner-Nominated Manga Shows What the Medium Can Do
- Why Are We Still White-Washing Characters?
- Blade Runner: The City fan poster by Michael Friebe
- You Can Already Start Celebrating Alien Day By Marveling at These Mondo Alien Posters
More Fun Stuff
- Emperor Palpatine Challenges Darth Vader to a Dance-Off
- Free-to-play shooter Project Nova expands EVE Online universe
- Nasa’s 4K Earth Porn Montage Is Basically Perfect if You Are High
- ThinkGeek is now selling Star Wars Kites and Micro Kits. (Via)
- Watch a gameplay trailer for the Sci-Fi RPG The Technomancer
- Watch a trailer for Drake Doremus’ New Sci-Fi Film Equals
- Watch a trailer for Mr. Robot Season 2