Interviews & Profiles
- Books Go Social interviews Sean Fletcher, author of I Am Phantom.
- Eco-Fiction interviews Jeff VanderMeer, author of Acceptance.
- Keep the Channel Open interviews Daniel Abraham, author of The Spider’s War.
- Literary Hub interviews Ursula K. Le Guin, author of The Dispossessed.
- MBW interviews Michael Boatman of Who Wants to be the Prince of Darkness.
- The Qwillery interviews Holly Jennings, author of Arena.
- SFFWorld interviews Gerald Brandt, author of The Courier.
- The Speculative Herald interviews Mishell Baker, author of Borderline.
- Baen Books will now offer MVMedia ebooks on the Baen Ebooks website.
- DragonCon announces their new fan award, the Dragon. All voting will be done electronically on the Dragon Awards site. Voters will be required to register. A LOT of feels regarding this move are stirring on the net. Lela E. Buis cover the news in “Upheaval in the awards system.”
- Scientists debate whether or not we are all just living in a giant holodeck
Events & Event News
- Alan Tudyk, PJ Haarsma, and Shannon Eric Denton will sign the comic Spectrum #0 from the web-series Con Man at the Culver City Teen Center in California on Saturday May 7, 2016 from 11:00 AM till noon for Free Comic Book Day! Presented by The Comic Bug. RSVP on Facebook
- The catalog for this year’s Jerry Weist estate auction (to be held at the Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention April 22-24, 2016) is now available. Over 4,000 pulps, dime novels, men’s adventure magazines and other magazines.
- Rosarium Publishing: The Next Level – started in 2013 with one goal: to bring true diversity to publishing so that the books and comics we enjoy actually reflect the fascinating, multicultural world we truly live in today.
- Untethered: A Magic iPhone Anthology – A collection of short fiction exploring the intersection of magic and technology in our smartphones.
- Upstarts # 1 – When Feeder’s End is attacked by a serial killing monster,the UPSTARTS must step up to save the city and become inter-galactic celebs.
- Game Review: The Washington Post calls Quantum Break “An interesting science fiction game let down by its live-action series tie-in.”
- 4 reasons why Rogue One will be better than The Force Awakens
- 7 Science Fiction Films About the Future of Sex
- 13 things Doctor Who fans are desperate to see in series 10
- 14 Most Iconic Ships To Ever Appear In Science Fiction Movies
- Author T.L. Knighton reflects on Loyalty, Firefly, and Captain Mal
- Everything We Know So Far About Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- A Handful of Neil Gaiman Stories Being Resurrected for TV and Film
- How Ahsoka Became One of the Best Star Wars Characters Ever
- How to Write a History of Video Game Warfare: A journalist has assembled the first chronology of the largest war yet fought on the Internet—the Great War of EVE Online.
- How Zack Snyder Finally Got The Batman Right
- Jessica Raine lives the sci-fi dream in X at the Royal Court
- StarWars.com has compiled a list of the 10 best moments in The Force Awakens!
- State of the Empire Episode 20: The Mystery of Rogue One
- The Tech Deck suggests some Atypical Science Fiction RPGs
- To Green Angel Tower Part 2 re-read Part One: The Turning Wheel
- A Tribute to Farscape’s Rygel, Science Fiction’s Forgotten Muppet Sidekick
- The Truth About Connor Cochran and Working on The Last Unicorn tour [via Paul Di Filippo] A few first-hand observations regarding The Sad, Strange Legal Battles of Last Unicorn Author Peter S. Beagle
- We want to hear new voices: Diversity in sci-fi and fantasy
- What is a Foley Artist? Creating The Sounds of Science Fiction
- Why This Guy’s Scarlett Johansson Robot Raises a Lot of … Concerns
- Zetta Eliott on “Finding My Way to the Door at the Crossroads“
- LEGO Darth Vader mask cleverly hides scenes from Star Wars
- Star Wars Patches by Peter Komierowski
- Star wars Themed Travel tattoo by Zandra at The Painted Lady North Bay
More Fun Stuff
- Clever STAR WARS Fan Hits the Road With BB-8
- Cover Reveal: Night without Stars by Peter F. Hamilton
- Most images of black holes are illustrations. Here’s what our telescopes capture.
- Mysterious Star Wars building captured by Google Earth in Egypt has people scratching their heads
- Watch the first trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story